The worldwide recognised experience, capabilities and competence of our teams, designing over 107 Storage Tanks, built and in safe conditions of operation (LNG, ethane, ethylene, propylene, LPG and ammonia), provide us the necessary skills and know-how to assume the responsibility for the storage tank design as part of CIMC/TGE Gas Engineering Group.
We are equipped with the latest computer hardware and application software to support each stage of a project, from design to document management and transmittal, to procurement to construction and commissioning.
In support of our team in Eastleigh, UK we are looking for a Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer with immediate effect:
- Analysis and design of mechanical, structural and civil components with focus on concrete-steel, steel-steel RLG storage tanks.
- Supporting mechanical analysis and design for special projects.
- Develop designs using in house and specialist software calculation tools such as FEA.
- Review of client specifications for bid and projects, identify project technical risks.
- Lead and coordinate a team of engineers and CAD technicians assigned to a project or bid.
- Coordination with civils design team.
- Manage and assist with the preparation of specifications, procedures and ITP’s.
- Check, review, approval of engineering drawings.
- Act as Lead Engineer / Engineer in Charge (EIC) for tank design projects and bids.
- Attend project kick-off meetings and subsequent design review meetings in-house and with clients.
- Prepare and issue progress reports as required.
- Assist with manhour estimations for proposals/bids.
- Assist team members with mechanical and civil calculations and analysis.
- Respond to site queries during construction.
- Respond to technical queries from clients.
- Liaise with technical software providers with technical queries or problems.
- Check and verify calculations and analysis performed by others.
- Lead and assist with continuous development of designs and in house tools, workflows, company standards to improve efficiency.
- Assist with the promotion of the company via technical publications / presentations etc.
- Degree, Masters or PhD in a relevant engineering discipline
- Registered Chartered Engineer in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience including previous experience of team leadership
- Strong organisation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of RLG storage tanks and international design codes.
- Good knowledge of analysis software packages, e.g. STAAD, ANSYS and CAESAR II
- Excellent knowledge of software and office-based IT packages, including Excel and Word
- Good attention to detail
- Good written and spoken English
We offer positions with the opportunity of promotions and career progression with comprehensive training schedules and it is our aim to always employ the best person for the position. If you are interested in working in a dynamic international team, then we look forward to receiving your application in writing (email appreciated) with the reference “Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer”
Technodyne International Ltd. 4th Floor, Black Horse House, Leigh Road, Eastleigh, Hants, SO50 9FH
Tel: +44 (0) 23 80629929